Design File Specifications
Our machines use DXF files. If you create the drawing with a CAD program please send DXF. If the file is created in a vector graphics program please send it as AI or EPS. Files must be PC (IBM) format.
- Save as DXF (if using AutoCad; Rev 14 or higher preferred)
- Create and save drawing at full scale with only features to be cut (no drawing sheet format, no dimensions)(material outline OK)
- Draw holes that will be tapped at tap drill size.
- Explode all blocks and symbols.
- Purge drawing before saving. (In AutoCad: File|Drawing Utilities|Purge)
- We prefer to create any nesting. We can usually nest parts at 0.1 inch spacing.
- Provide paper drawing or additional CAD file of part with dimensions and tolerances.
Sketches (faxing or mailing)
- Adobe Illustrator Ver 8.0 preferred. Send computer generated artwork as AI or EPS
- Vector artwork, not raster/bitmap.
- Convert Text to Outlines
- Be sure that View|Outline shows all lines as they will be cut.
- We can also use ScanVec CASmate .scv files
- Use dark, heavy, single lines, or solid filled image.
- Draw a line with cross lines a specified distance apart "-|---- 5 ----|-". This is necessary because faxes and copy machines will change the image size.
- Maximum size 8.5" x 11".
Accepted File Extentions
- File upload is limited to 5 Mb. If you can, compress the file using Winzip (.zip).
- For CAD files; purge before saving. For AI files; be sure that Artboard is larger than artwork.
- If you cannot reduce the file size to 5 Mb please call us.
- Only .zip, .ai, .eps., .dxf, .scv, .dwg, and .pdf files will be accepted.
- The quote request form will reject all other file types.
- If you cannot produce one of the accepted file types please call us.